Saturday 24 October 2009

My Self-Portrait...



Overall, I was fairly pleased with my final self-portrait as the whole point was uniqueness, and I didn’t feel like anyone’s work was similar to mine. But, like I said in the presentation, I still think its major downfalls are that I got too sucked into the world of Augor and only I could interpret and comprehend the true meaning of the image, as its something personal. The parts I was particularly happy with were the cyborg lizard because I feel that it looks pretty cool. I also feel the composition and style fit the purpose of the portrait and follow the codes and conventions, I established in my research, well. I was also happy with the way I composited myself into the image, blending it into the shadows I created. Although, I think it was hard to tell that I was actually in the image, I didn’t see this as an issue because I knew I was in the image, but from a viewers point of view, this would need to be something that was changed so it was clearer to see. I’m not too sure what I would change to improve this self-portrait, thought, because I feel it fulfils its purpose, but I think I would start from scratch and create a whole new idea if I had to redo the unit. Although, this could result in an image that wasn’t as unique, which would contradict my original intentions and possibly wouldn’t reflect my personality as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment