Saturday 13 February 2010

Main Character Thoughts...



So i've been thinking about how make my butterfly hunter portray pure evil, through sadistic and sinister traits. A couple of characters come to mind, when i'm thinking about how to make sure the audience is against him throughout the minute animation. One particular character came to mind; Sweeney Todd. Now i haven't actually seen the film, but i have seen the trailer and it is another example of Johnny Depps, sinister acting style. Johnny Depp, is himself, quite an animated acter, i think of Captain Jack Sparow who is very theatrical and over exhaggerated with his movements. I feel my character needs to be rather sinister in his ways, because i find sinister characters o be very effective in portraying evil and saidistic ways. The other character that came to mind was, Judge Doom, from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. He is a very excentric and sinister character in this film, and even now i still hate watching him in that film because it freaks me out. I think a combination of these two characters would provide the kind of personality and characteristics my butterfly hunter needs to make people hate him. For my Act 2, based on the second idea, i imagined the butterfly hunter to be hunting the bugs, in a similar fashion to a Sweeney Todd style. i'm not too sure why, but if i go with the second idea, i feel that it needs to be more dark and sinister, but less 'Looney' and animated in that sense. I am starting to come round to Phil's idea now, it took me a while to come away from my my beloved Paris-based idea; but i'm really starting to get in to this second idea and i feel there's lots of great ways to make it work well, and create and interesting butterfly hunter chraracter, with a nice twist at the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment