Friday 18 February 2011

Texturing... Etching Shader Tests...







Alongside beginning the modelling for my scenes, i'm also looking to pursue a texture to use throught the piece. Yesterday i looked into developing a crosshatch texture which thus far has been unsuccessful. But today i decided to move towards an etching style texture which is something Phil has suggested to me previously. After searching through google i came across a conversation on CGsociety in which someone else was trying to create a crosshatch effect in Maya. One of the posts on the feed was a file that included a crosshatch shader someone had produced. I decided to download this file to experiment with in my own scenes and above are some of the high quality renders produced. I'd like to have a chat with Alan about this shader to see how it works and possibly consider adapting this to a style i could use throughout my own animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment